Home Buying 101
Buying a home or any Jacksonville real estate can be an intimidating process if you are not working with a HomePro Realty real estate buyer’s agent. We here at HomePro Realty provide buyer agent services to our clients on all Florida real estate. We can do this as all MLS (Multiple Listing Service) listing agents agree to pay the buyer’s agent commission when they list the property on their local MLS. Buyers can find all the information needed on our website to get started in buying a home, townhouse, condo, or land in the Jacksonville and Northeast Florida areas.
Jacksonville real estate buyers can save time and money by using the services of a buyer’s agent. There is no need to call 10 different REALTORS to show you 10 different property listings. A HomePro Realty of Jacksonville real estate agent can easily schedule showings on an MLS-listed property for sale or rent. Virtually all properties that have a real estate company or broker For Sale sign are listed on the local MLS and are available for your HomePro agent to show you.
When you find your ideal property, your HomePro agent will assist you in preparing your offer, negotiating with the seller’s agent, and preparing for the closing and transfer of title. You can contact any of our agents here at HomePro Realty of Jacksonville to get started. Read our Getting Started Checklist below for more information on how to get started in finding and purchasing your next property.
Getting Started Checklist for buying Jacksonville Real Estate
- Pick a HomePro Realty agent.
- Get a Mortgage Pre-Approval Letter from one of our Trusted Mortgage Lenders.
- Start searching for the home, condo, townhome, or land that fits your needs. We can personally search and screen properties for you and set you up with the high tech tools to make your search fast and easy.
- Once you have found the ideal property, your HomePro Realty agent will submit your offer to the seller’s agent and negotiate on your behalf.
- Your accepted offer will be submitted to a Title Company to handle the closing and to your lender for the processing of your mortgage. The Title Company will hold your Earnest Money Deposit in Escrow until closing.
- Make full application for your mortgage, if applicable.
- You will then select and order a real estate inspection on your selected property during the Inspection Period. Your agent can assist in your selection.
- Based on the results of the real estate inspections, your HomePro agent will then negotiate on your behalf for any needed or requested repairs during the contract Inspection Period.
- Your Title Company will research the title history of the property and insure that you receive good title to the property.
- Your lender will process your mortgage documents and order the appraisal to determine the market value supports the negotiated sales price in order to approve the mortgage.
- The Title Company will order the survey of the property.
- You will select an insurance company for your new home. Your HomePro agent can assist in recommending trusted, local insurance agencies.
- Closing will be processed by the Title Company at their office for the buyers and sellers.
- You and/or your mortgage lender will provide funds to purchase your new property.
- You move in and take possession of your new property. Congratulations!